Monday, August 4, 2008

The Insane Little Lunatic's Lovelorn Life

This memorable piece fell out of some recess, in my recollection, just now. I was surprised to remember it in its entirety as I wrote it, instead of paying attention in class, when I was sixteen years of age. Being that was thirty years ago and that it unfortunately proves as true today as it did, then, should at least garnish me the welcome pity and perhaps sympathy I so covet. Yeats, would find it amusing. At least, I would like to believe that to be true. I leave it to you to decide for yourself.


There should be a celebration
In regard to population
Because, for every man, there are more women

So even, then, if some should horde
And some get less (while others more)
There still should be: for every man a woman

But, somehow there is a mistake!
For every attempt I try to make -
For every man (but me) there is a woman

Sure there may be more fish in the sea
But all I have for bait is me?!
Starkist, wants tuna that tastes good; I, want a woman

Still, I'm hoping that things will change,
That, Cupid's arrow will have better range . . .
If she's got a big enough bullseye, he'll get me that woman!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lance pull your head out of your ass!

How goes business? So how did all your tests go? Are you back on the road again or what?

Sincerely,
Bryan